Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St. Joseph

Solemnity of Saint Joseph, husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary Lectionary: 543 Reading 1 2 SM 7:4-5A, 12-14A, 16 The LORD spoke to Nathan and said: “Go, tell my servant David, ‘When your time comes and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your heir after you, sprung from your loins, and I will make his kingdom firm. It is he who shall build a house for my name. And I will make his royal throne firm forever. I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me; your throne shall stand firm forever.’” Responsorial Psalm PS 89:2-3, 4-5, 27 AND 29 R. (37) The son of David will live for ever. The promises of the LORD I will sing forever; through all generations my mouth shall proclaim your faithfulness, For you have said, “My kindness is established forever”; in heaven you have confirmed your faithfulness. R. The son of David will live for ever. “I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant: Forever will I confirm your posterity and establish your throne for all generations.” R. The son of David will live for ever. “He shall say of me, ‘You are my father, my God, the Rock, my savior.’ Forever I will maintain my kindness toward him, and my covenant with him stands firm.” R. The son of David will live for ever. Reading 2 ROM 4:13, 16-18, 22

No comments:

Post a Comment